Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Greetings!

So I figured I should take a few minutes and explain the purpose of this blog... I have always had a huge passion for sports. I grew up playing little league baseball, and basketball and started golfing at the age of 12. I played one year of high school basketball before I decided that it was no longer fun to me. I ran varsity track and cross country for 3 years in high school, and lettered 3 times for both teams. Those 3 years were the peak of my athletic "career" and led to both individual, and more importantly, team success. I studied Sport Management at Xavier University, but I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do for a career. I still don't, but I quickly realized that the large majority of entry level jobs in the sports field don't pay very well and that wasn't an option in my situation. I am a huge fan of sports talk radio and podcasts. I've listened to the Jim Rome Show nearly every day for the last 2 and a half years, and the title of this blog references the show. Recently, I decided that I want to write my own opinions and share them with anyone who cares to read them.

I have a very traditional outlook on sports, and the way that games are played. For instance, I absolutely love watching a defensive struggle in football, or a 2-1 pitcher's duel in baseball. High scoring games are fun to watch as well, but that isn't my preferred style. I also like to do my own statistical research, and from time to time I will post some things that are based off this research. I plan on writing my own game previews for each Browns game this upcoming season, as well as a game recap afterwards. I'll also post my thoughts on a wide variety of topics or if anything piques my interest. My first actual piece is a combination of a season preview of sorts for the upcoming Browns season, as well as some statistical research that I compiled that looks at a specific area of the game of football. I look forward to posting as frequently as I can. The great thing about following sports is that there is always something to talk about!

-Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment